Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Frozen pizza, typhoon, & blogger update

Today at school I've had hours to surf the internet & also chat with other teachers. It's been a nice change of pace & I'm happy to finally update my blog. Since a few people were curious about that frozen pizza I mentioned awhile back, I thought I'd let you all know that while it wasn't Papa John's, it did satisfy my craving. It didn't have much sauce, but the crust & cheese were delicious.

Also, the typhoon that threatened to come has passed & headed north, so I hear. Yesterday & last night were windy & rainy but we managed fine. The bus ride home went fairly smoothly & my confidence level about taking the bus by myself is much higher now :)

Finally, as I said, today I've had time to work online...now, while I have new posts on my blog, I doubt any of you knows the anguish I went through to publish it all. The computer I've used today is all in Japanese. Just about 1/2 hour ago I found the button that allowed me to change the language into English--ah--I could physically feel my brain relax as the screen produced characters I recognize!

Cheers! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darma!

You know, it's funny how you miss someone when they're away more than you missed them when they were around but you didn't see them. Follow?

I'll be following your exploits!

Love, love, love, (that's what The Beetles sang before they broke up)

paul

Anonymous said...

make that "Beatles"

Anonymous said...

Sarah dear! You got it down...the pic with the peace sign lol. Miss you...wondering if you've had contact with Ayami...mega Wisconsin huggers pretty lady!
Trish

Casey and/or Julianna said...

Good to hear from you Sarah, this is Casey here. How are you getting settled? All's well here in Sendai with the exception of Julianna breaking her leg near the ankle. Check out our latest blog entry for the details. Don't worry, she's okay, but it has been a bit crazy lately.

Hope you're having a good time!

Casey

Anonymous said...

Hi from SD, Sarah! We are having lots of fun keeping up with your adventures and praying for you along the way! Maybe we will send some Chocolate Peanut Butter Delight with red-hots through the mail for a taste of home. :)

Love you,
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your having fun! The foods, the bike rides (or should I say adventures), and the silly-little-moments of new-culture awkwardness – all tell me you’re having some great times. I hope the storms don’t come too close, they’re causing problems in China – but it would be cool to say you went through one. Keep the candles handy! Well, I have a paper to write for the Northern Asia Region of the AGWM, somehow I have to push 25 years of my life into a ten page paper. Six point font should work. Have fun cycling sis! Go have yourself a pear!

~All for the Adonai~