Sunday, October 29, 2006

Oigawa vs. Yoshida


My teachers took on the Yoshida teachers in a soccer game on Friday night. Women's soccer is pretty much non-existent in Japan, but my awesome teachers let me shine for the last few minutes of the game...and I didn't disappoint (ok, I did, but we were already down 3-0 so everyone laughed it off)

In my few short minutes on the field, I experienced a movie-like moment when the ball was flying through the air, coming right toward me, in perfect position for me to head it....at the last second I chickened out--I screamed, ducked, & the ball whacked me along side the head! Aaahhhh, it hurt like heck! I was hoping the field would just swallow me up, but it didn't, so I had to face my team mates & play on. :) Good times. (??)


After the game we all ate onigiri (rice balls). Then we went out for more food--sushi (tuna), tiny fried shrimp with crunchy rice noodles, some other raw fish, and tasty soup with eggplant in it. That truly was a good time.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the team picture, but I also had to laugh. The little girl on the far right is trying so hard to make a peace sign...it's cute.