
Here are some sights in my neighborhood! I took the pictures after dark, fyi (hence some strange reflections)The scary gorilla type statue is in front of a car dealership, I haven't figured that one out yet.
The scooter & bike are VERY common sights all over...and scooters don't just get parked on the sidewalks, they are driven on the sidewalks as well. One day while on my bike I waited at a red light and a car came right up onto the sidewalk beside me to park.
The red & green sign is a supermarket sign. The store name is pronounced, "Hibariya." Can you read it?

Santa & company in a store window...most Japanese don't know the meaning of Christmas, but many display cheesy decorations. Apparently they don't know the rule of waiting until after Thanksgiving to break out the Christmas things...I've seen Christmas decorations out for a month!MGM is a pachinko place (Japan's version of a casino) near my apartment. A couple of my teachers said they'd take me sometime just for the cultural experience ;)


I know the women's workout joint, "Curves" is popular in the USA, but I didn't know it was going to be 5 minutes from me in Japan!Vending machines are EVERYWHERE here. On practically every street corner a person can buy something to drink--from juice to coffee and even beer!
2 comments:
I wish there was a vending machine on my corner - there's just cows.
Okay, after thinking about the gorilla statue a little while, I've come to a conclusion...just maybe...they're going for the whole King Kong approach.
Post a Comment