Okay, so I can't figure out how to divide the paragraphs, so I added *** where I wanted to indent :)
***My bedroom windows face east, and these days the sun rises about 4:30am. Every morning I wake up in a panic, thinking I've overslept, only to look at the clock and realize it's 5:00 and I can sleep another hour or two. I'm worn out from not sleeping soundly and ready for Japan to adopt daylight savings time!! C'mon Japan, "spring forward" already!!
***A week after my softball injuries, I'm feeling almost 100% better, and thankfully won't have any lasting effects. Today at school I saw a baseball player with a patch covering a black eye. He smiled at me with a slightly embarrassed, but sympathetic look. Ouch!
***On Sunday at church I spent almost 2 hours talking with a woman who moved from Peru to Japan 18 years ago. Her first language is Spanish, but now of course she's super fluent in Japanese. She doesn't really speak English so our conversations are pretty entertaining. It's been nice to revive my Spanish, even though it gets garbled with Japanese. At least when either of us throws in the occasional Japanese the other still understands :) I had to laugh when I found myself asking her (in Spanish) "How do you say [Japanese word] in Spanish?"
***Tonight I had a cooking class. We made some delicious food! Too bad the recipe is all in Japanese & I'll never be able to remember all the ingredients and instructions ;)
***Did you hear Miss Japan won the Miss Universe contest?? And, even cooler, she's "from the small town of Shizuoka at the base of Mount Fuji" Yah, that's my area. Check it out if you want: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18911911/?GT1=9951
Maybe I'll run into her at Starbucks next week when I'm chatting in Spanish with my Peruvian friend. ***Lastly, but most importantly, HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLTON!!! I love you! xxooxxoo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Miss Universe, yeah, sad to say it, but I didn't watch it. But I did read it in the news that Japan won. It's good to hear your wounds are healing. Sarah keep having fun. God's blessings
Post a Comment