Every day on my bike ride to work, I stop outside an elementary school where a handful of 4th grade girls wait to chat for a couple minutes. A few weeks back they presented me with a poster they'd drawn of kids running and playing games. It was an invitation to their "Sports Day" held on June 2nd. Well, sandwiched between an online Scrabble game with my sister, and an orchestra concert in Shizuoka, I went to check out the sports day, and had a GREAT time!!
The red team shows off their team cheer--
The red team shows off their team cheer--
Ready for the girls' 100 meter dash (my favorite event as a 9 year old!)
On your mark!
Get set!
GO!
Next up was a game where they put all sorts of odd items in the middle of the field. Two teams stand on either end & when someone shouts, "GO!" all the kids run to the middle to grab, push, drag, and pull the things as fast as they can back to their respective sides.
"GO!"
I could barely take pictures-I just kept thinking, "Oh my goodness, they need padding and helmets!" These were some tough and determined kids! :)
Then I was off to the concert via Sumpu Park in Shizuoka
The sunset after the orchestra concert
No comments:
Post a Comment