
I spent the weekend at my friend Audrey's in
Fujinomiya, which is literally next to Mt Fuji. We explored the beautiful nature, dressed Japanese-style for the summer festival (where about 100 people carried fire shrines around town & then UP THE RIVER!), and ate shrinking cotton candy (from the humidity? Who knows!).

There's so much to tell, but I have suitcases spread around my living room ready to be filled for my trip. I FLY OUT ON WEDNESDAY!! After I finish packing the suitcases, I'll pack the rest of my apartment into boxes for the upcoming move--4 days after I return from the US.



3 comments:
yay! such great photos! thanks for sending me so many so quickly too. The street dancing was awesome!!! I hated it until it started (I was soooo embarassed and self-conscious and MAD at the teacher for not being more sensitive to me..I can be real childish sometimes I guess) but once the other girls (the 5 from my aerobics class who are actually under 50 years old) arrived and we started talking, laughing, and dancing together we had a fab time. It was soo Japanese, so fun, so interesting, so exciting, and afterwards we had a great little enkai with Fujinomiya yakisoba and bonding - I think I'm making some new girlfriends! yay! Thanks again for a terrific weekend - may your trip home be blessed! Love, Audrey
Oohh... So sad about the cotton candy. I was almost moved to tears. Beautiful pictures! Can't wait to see you! Love, Emily
Yakisoba, one of my favorite types of noodles - Philip makes a killer dish he learned from working with some Koreans. I love the pictures - the waterfall looks so enchanting.
Post a Comment