Saturday, September 15, 2007

Horai Bridge

Today I visited the Horai Bridge in a neighboring city, Shimada. Built in 1879, its claim to fame: the longest wooden bridge in the world! And it's T-H-I-S L-O-N-G!!

It crosses the Oi River, which goes through my school's town, Oigawa.
Then I went for Mexican at the local "Gato Rojo" where the owner knows me and whose niece is a 10th grader at my school! Tonight I ate delicious beans and pork (my first time trying this dish...good enough to try again!)


I chose the beans and pork to increase my iron and protein levels for tomorrow's hike up Mt Fuji...but, I'm afraid the rainy weather will keep us off the mountain :( I'm incredibly disappointed, but I'm hoping another day this month, or at the very latest next July, will be clear enough to climb!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bridge looks pretty long, a fine place for a stroll. I love taking random walks, just to see things, to relax and think. That's one thing I'm looking forward to in China, long walks (or bike rides) into the city and countryside.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah! Great shirt! The bridge looks amazing. I hope the hike works out. Much Love, Emily