Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Rock climbing



Since the students are taking mid-terms this week, it's a good time for teachers to take nenkyuu (time off). This afternoon my supervisor and I went rock climbing at her friend's house where he (Mr. Uchida) built a wall about 12 years back. I've climbed a few times at my sister & bro-in-law's, but today whipped my arms and hands like never before. Wow, they hurt. Mr. Uchida invited me back tomorrow if I have any strength left :) I received an invite to the 'real' indoor climbing center in the city with a group of their friends, and then promptly told I'd probably be the only gaijin (foreigner). That doesn't phase me any more ;)

Here's the monkey host, my supervisor, and yours truly giving it our best effort.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Sarah! Way to go! Our wall is nothing compaired to that! Keep climbing!
love
Amanda

Audrey said...

you rock!

pun totally not intended.

have a wonderful day!