Apparently I taught my ni-nenseis (juniors) an "old fashioned" telephone conversation.
It went something like this:
Brrrnng
--Hello?
--Hi, this is Tomoki speaking. Is Aki there?
--Hi Tomoki! This is Aki. How are you?
The conversation went on for a few more lines with Tomoki inviting Aki to see a movie this weekend. But just these first few lines & the students informed me it's old fashioned and out-of-date!
It all started with the ring. I guess phones no longer make a brrrnng sound; they play a song. And with cell phones and caller ID, who needs to introduce themselves or ask for a specific person?
Back to the drawing board to adjust and 'update' this lesson plan...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
LOL! That is too funny! It is so true though! Very out dated, Ms. Sala! :) Love you! Emily
What??? BBBBring is the only way to go!
I do feel that you have crossed the line in our family Sarah (with your new cell phone). Now Mike and I are the only non cells in the family.
You are still loved.
Amanda
hahaha I had the same experience! My students all kind of looked at me with blank, confused stares when I made the "brrring" sound. I literally don't think they got it. I asked them what sound telephones made in Japan, and YES - they said "a song"!! Are we old???
Post a Comment