Somewhere between home and school yesterday morning I knew I'd been bitten by something. My stomach churned and screamed at me through the 3 classes I taught & just thinking of food made me gag.
On my way home a friend sent her mom to pick me up at the station & take me to the doctor (which I thought totally unnecessary, but sometimes it's best not to argue!) With no English-speakers to help out, I did my best through the check-up, and only made one major error when the nurse explained something about a cup: "Drink??" I asked in Japanese. "No, no NO DRINK!" she said strongly and laughed! When she showed me the bathroom I knew what I needed to do, and it definitely wasn't to drink! ;)
Turns out I have the flu bug that's going around...upset stomach and no appetite for a few days. "Rest, take some medicine, and wear a mask to prevent contaminating others" the doctor ordered.
My friend's mom brought me back to their house where everyone was wearing masks for various sicknesses...thankfully even they saw the outrageous humor in it & we snapped a picture! I know it looks like a SARS outbreak, but really, it's just the flu. :)
I stayed in bed for the next 17 hours. Then took a short walk to the post office and grocery store, where I picked up these very bland food items.
I've managed to eat a few crackers and some bread with the medicine, but nothing else sounds good at all. It's almost time to go back to bed for the night. I think I'll try going to school in the morning. But I'll skip wearing the mask, sorry Doc!
2 comments:
Sarah,
Can you believe that I caught that same bug. I have been sick since sunday at like 12:00 am. It is not fun and food just doesn't look good at all to me still. Hope you are feeling better.
Luv ya,
Amanda
Sarah,
I was glad to hear your voice and know that you are really feeling better. The kids played outside in the snow today, and I am playing catch up from being in NC.
I love you.
your sister Amanda
Post a Comment