Cenotaph for the a-bomb victims, you can see the peace flame & A-bomb Dome through it.
Children's Peace Monument inspired by Sadako, a girl who folded paper cranes while sick with leukemia, brought on after the bombing (the colorful things in the glass cases are thousands & thousands of cranes people have donated to the monument)
A-bomb Dome (I took this picture while standing on the "T" shaped Aioi Bridge, apparent target of the bombing on August 6, 1945.)
Another angle of the Dome
Monument for the Korean victims & survivors (erected in 1970). An estimated 10% of the 200,000 people who died from the bomb were Korean.
2 comments:
Wow! That must have been quite a day. I can't imagine the emotions being there would cause you to feel. Emily
wow, what an amazing experience. It's crazy when you step outside the US and actually get to see these different places. I just got back from Nuremberg and seeing pictures of the place that I was staying in, decorated in swastikas, was a crazy feeling. I am headed to Poland at the end of the month with hopes to go to Auschwitz.
As a reply to your comment on my blog...I still think of your dad whenever I make caramel rolls. He has it down. I'm glad you are able to make them in your oven. As for what is on my plate, I just updated it so you can see it on the post. Yeah, it really was great to spend it with a family.
Post a Comment