Sunday, July 06, 2008

Mt Fuji!!!!

Best word to describe climbing Mt Fuji: FABULOUS!

I hiked for 10 hours today & loved it, but I'm understandably exhausted... here are some pictures...

I LOVED THE ADVENTURE!!!



5am Leaving my friend's apartment to drive to the trail head
6:25 am Ready to take on the mountain!
Still smiling a few hours later...

Sign announcing one of about ten rest areas along the trailRestingThe terrain is rocky the entire way (from the volcanic explosion three hundred years ago)

But today's sky was gorgeous to watch as clouds danced below us

Almost to the summitWE MADE IT!

The crater

4:25pm Back where we started - Looking a little worn out, but so happy we did it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaron asked (on our Sat) if you were going to look down into the hole- after looking at your pictures - yes I guess you did just that!
Way cool- Sarah!!!!!
love
Amanda

Grammie and Papa said...

Wahoo! Way to go, Sarah!
Love you, our little adventure girl!

Anonymous said...

Sarah~
I am so proud of you!! Way to go!
~Emily

Beck said...

Sare-
I finally have an account (thanks to baby braden) so I can leave a comment...I love the pictures. So wonderful that you made the climb!!! I'm very proud of you!
Beck

The Studers said...

Amazing!!!!!

PS -- The mountain is pretty impressive, too! :)

Bonnie said...

Congratulations! What a cool accomplishment! :)