"I can smell them."
Even though the 4th floor room was empty, immediately after opening the door I knew there were guys staying in my assigned "mixed 8-bed dorm."
Still not having met my room mates, last night I was in the commons room of the hostel about to go to bed when 5 really attractive Japanese guys walked in & put some leftovers into the fridge. They walk out & I follow a few steps behind.
And I follow them to the 4th floor.
And down the hall toward my room.
I follow them to the door & laugh to myself as one unlocks my room while the rest of us wait in a line in the narrow hallway. I say, "Um, minna-san no heya desu ka?" Is this everyone's room? "Hai, so desu" "Yah, it is." I kinda laugh & say, "Watashi no mo" "It's mine too" They all laugh, a bit nervously and surprised as we walk in together. One says, "Yoroshiku onegaishimasu" "Nice to meet you."
I felt more than a little awkward as I discreetly observed them from my top bunk & thought they probably were bummed since now they couldn't just change their clothes freely & hang with the guys. But in my head I was laughing hysterically at the situation. The other occupant is a French guy who speaks English, but still ~ he's a guy which means I'm one girl with 6 guys.
Hey! I'm not complaining!
And their odor improved since I moved in! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I do much better reading these posts then the one about being out at 10:30 pm looking for a place to sleep. :) I love you and am glad you are having a good time. How nice to have this time to see everything on your list!
love
Amanda
So funny! That same thing happened to me in Japan! :) 2 Italians, 2 Englishmen, an Aussie and me... At least it is safe, right? I'm jealous of your travels--sounds so fun! Have a good time in China!
Post a Comment