Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Praying, reflecting, & dreaming

The sidewalks here are narrow & the streets are just a little wider. Usually on one side of the sidewalk is the road & the other side drops off a few feet into a rice field. One day while biking to school (45 minutes) I was traveling along the sidewalk enjoying the scenery thinking how my commute will be such a wonderful time to pray, reflect, and dream. Then I glanced up & saw 4 high school boys biking on the same sidewalk as me but coming toward me...not knowing if the street or rice field would be a safer route, I panicked & froze...the boys didn’t seem concerned--they somehow morphed into smaller beings & amazingly two squeezed on either side of me. Five bikes wide on a narrow sidewalk—impressive. Maybe I’ll pray, reflect, and dream while safely sitting at home.

No comments: