Christmas this year was of course different from any other...at times it was really difficult being away from my family and all that is familiar to me, but being in Japan for the holiday provided some unique and valuable experiences that I will treasure forever.Such as--
A
church I recently started attending held a Christmas eve party & The Gospel House Shizuoka Choir performed with a few extra special guests, "O Happy Day!" We ate traditional 'Christmas cake' at the party. In Japan, it has become customary for people to share cakes with their friends and family on Christmas Eve.
Flavors included: chocolate, strawberry, and cheesecake.
church I recently started attending held a Christmas eve party & The Gospel House Shizuoka Choir performed with a few extra special guests, "O Happy Day!" We ate traditional 'Christmas cake' at the party. In Japan, it has become customary for people to share cakes with their friends and family on Christmas Eve.
Flavors included: chocolate, strawberry, and cheesecake.At my cooking studio I made a raspberry Christmas cake!
Since Christmas isn't a national holiday here, it was another work day for me. But, to honor the day, I brought treats (banana bread & toffee) for the teachers [Dozo=help yourself].
Since Christmas isn't a national holiday here, it was another work day for me. But, to honor the day, I brought treats (banana bread & toffee) for the teachers [Dozo=help yourself].
For Christmas dinner I met a couple other ALTs for a nice meal at a hotel. After we ate, we took in the lights of the season. Yes, I missed some things from not being in Minnesota for Christmas, but I experienced many blessings that I am extremely thankful for.
Merry Christmas everyone!


No comments:
Post a Comment