Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas!

Christmas Eve 2006
Here's a summary of today

*Went to church this morning--sang Christmas carols & heard the Christmas story in Japanese
*Helped with the church's Christmas party-about 70 people-Gospel music, Bingo, and great food
*Hummed along with the Christmas music at the grocery store
*Saw a tall gaijin (foreigner) wearing a santa hat & we wished each other a "Merry Christmas!"
*Bought a pair of super warm pants (!!!)
*Raced to the post office to try to pick up 2 Christmas packages
*Was too late
*Shed a few tears on my bike ride home
*Cranked a new CD from my "secret sister"
*Banana bread is baking now
*English toffee is cooling
*Tomorrow I'll bring the treats to school to share with my co-workers
*Tomorrow 2 other ALTs and I will enjoy a nice dinner together to honor Jesus' birthday in a country that has all the commercialism of Christmas, but has no idea of the True meaning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh! how I love the smell of banana bread cooking...keep cooking.