Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Kanomodori

"Winter returned"

After a couple warm pseudo-spring days, the coldness of winter returned. During my morning commute (40 minute bike ride) it's horrendously windy...my face feels like I'm downhill skiing without goggles--you know, when all the moisture is stripped from your eyes & tears go flying out of them?? yah, that's what it's like. Maybe I should invest in a pair of goggles.



Tonight I ate dinner at my new friend Fumie's house. I randomly met her at a store a few weeks back & now she's offered to help me with Japanese (language & culture). She lived in the USA for two years and understands how being in a new culture is exciting, but sometimes difficult. In the US, she took English classes at a church that offered free lessons. The first time we met, she said, "I think Americans really like pot-lucks! My friends at the church always had pot-lucks." :) Tonight we enjoyed a delicious curry & rice dinner together (prepared all by Fumie, no pot-luck this time). Here is Fumie, her 2 adorable kids, ALT Monica, and me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you got together with her. I am sure it will be good for both of you. How was the Curry?? I am soo jealous! Mmm... I do love curry! I love reading your blog, Sarah! Thanks for posting so much! Emily

Anonymous said...

oh yah we are always up for a pot luck! She summed up American church family in one word!
It makes me tired just reading your blog!! I can hardly keep up. What a great time. Amanda