Prayers at a Chinese shrine
A random Japanese guy jumped into the picture at the GINORMOUS reclining buddha, then looked over my shoulder as we viewed the picture on my camera & laughed at his cleverness
On a river boat in Bangkok, notice the houses in the background

This is at the "Tiger Temple" a refuge type place for tigers and other animals--similar to a zoo, but the animals roamed freely. Yes, those are real tigers, no, I didn't use photoshop, and yes, I'm really touching them! :)




What an INCREDIBLE experience! I spent the past 3 days visiting a missionary friend in Thailand, we had tons of fun & crammed loads into just 3 days!! Here's a taste of a few things we did/saw:
The Grand Palace in Bangkok
The Grand Palace in Bangkok
"Guards"



And, a goal of mine--to ride an elephant--was accomplished! Insane and terrifying describe the experience, but even so, I'm thrilled we did it! :) 

6 comments:
Way cool,
We were all very impressed by you on the elephant! Isaiah has his cowboy boots ready to ride with you next time. Way to go! It sounds/looks awsome!
love,
Amanda
Sarah- U look kinda funny riding that elephant. It makes me laugh, but makes me happy for you all at the same time. Wow, can you be happy and sad all at the same time? How do you say that in Japaneese?
What great pictures, Sarah! It sounds like Thailand was an intense and amazing 3 days!! I sure wish I could have been there to see you on that elephant. I love you! Emily
Sare-
Did you climb any mountains in thailand? I love the elephant pictures, any with the tiger?
You are such a world traveler!
Beck
Sarah, Im still a little concrned about the tiger.
PL
get out of here!! I can't believe you rode an elephant, you incredible crazy girl!! I am so stoked for you to have had such an incredible experience in Thailand..and petting Tigers?! That is a dream of mine - I love tigers. Maybe for our next trip we can go back to Thailand and you can show me the ropes.. :-) Hope you're having a great spring break, I miss you! Let's meet up soon (but after this week, cause my mom's in town..we're going back to Kyoto tomorrow!)
Post a Comment