This afternoon most of the teachers were in meetings and I didn't have any work to do so I sat at my desk researching Thailand for my next adventure. Two young guys were in the room waiting for a teacher. A couple times I overheard parts of their conversation & could tell that I was the topic. After awhile, one of them came up to me, paper in hand, and said, "Hello." He read a script off his paper (in English), asking me where I am from, what my name is, and the like. He told me his name, that he graduated from Oigawa high school 2 years ago, and that now he lives in Osaka. He said, "I am 20 years old. How old are you?" I told him to guess. This guy looked at me and said, "19?"
I tried not to laugh in his face, but really! C'mon!
I told him my real age, but it didn't distract him at all, "Do you have many boyfriends?" he asked with a smile. I considered fibbing to save his ego and saying, "Not many, just one." But I couldn't lie, and in response to my "no" he very boldly, very un-Japanese (still reading from his notes!) said, "Will you be my girlfriend?"
I'm flattered, Kid. Really. But......ah, there are just so many buts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is really funny!! Aww... you turned him down.
What are you doing in Thailand...?
Oh Sarah, you broke the poor boy's heart. You seem to do that where ever you go. Hmmm...
Sarah, you have a typo in this one (sorry to be the one to point it out). You wanted to say butts. Since you brought it up... just how many butts are you checking out there lately?
Also... when are all the witty stories about me going to be blogged? You know the one where we watched Strong Bad and his Japanese cartoon? Or how about the time we were eating soba noodles and I said, "Hey just like the sobacowa pillow." and everyone laughed at me and then I asked my Japanese friend and he told me that soba-cowa means buckwheat hulls and I was right... yeah that one was REALLY funny.
Peace - Raymond
hilarious!! :-)
Last night was really fun - and thanks again for the pretzels!!
Post a Comment