Tonight as I walked out of the living room, my eye caught something dark and slowly moving up the wall..."NO! BLAAHHHKKK!!" I screamed and tried to smash the spider with the dust rag in my hand. But, even with a few months' practice last fall of chasing creepy crawlers, I hesitated too long & the nasty thing found shelter behind/under a big cushion. Not willing to go to bed with it running free in my apartment, I determinedly got the vacuum into position and turned on, then moved the cushion and stuck the vacuum hose right up to the gross spider before it could get away again (the vacuum bag has anti-bug stuff in it -- smart, huh?).
Tonight's sighting means a few things:
1) Spring really is here
2) It's time to stock up on all the "bug gadgets" (roach poison, tatami floor spray, etc.)
3) Food cannot be left out of sight (not even for a minute). Anything I'm not currently eating needs to be in the refrigerator, freezer, or double zip-lock bag
4) At all times I should have a shoe or broom within an arm's reach because I'm just not fast enough with a tissue
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I hate to break it to you Sarah, but the spiders can crawl out of the vac bag.
Yes, PL, in a normal vacuum they could...but i have a cool, insecticide bag in mine...that spider's not going anywhere :)
Well Well Well... Your SMART Miss Sarah C. I need one of those.
Well, Sarah dear, it sounds like you are adjusting so well. I am happy to see spring arrive as well, and I am even happier that I live in Mn and do not have big scarry spiders and other creepy crawlies to contend with. :0
I love you dear sister. Good luck with those housemates! Love, Emily
I always feel sorry for the poor little dears..."let them be free, run, and bite - give them their freedom, and the night - let webs fill our houses, for a spider's delight - that spiders may reign, let them fight." Or not.
Post a Comment