Well, the washing machine survived. Barely. My apartment shook so strongly during the spin cycle I went out to hold the machine down, lest it fall off my balcony and really cause problems :) With one hand on each front corner, I watched as it (and I) rattled on and on. The lid jumped up at one point which caused me to shriek, then laugh & hope my neighbors weren't watching. I thought it'd be fine to let the cycle finish...but then I smelled something hot. Something hot like a mixer or hair dryer with a burning motor. That's when I stopped the spin cycle & decided the comforter should come out.
I gave the washing machine a 24-hour rest, then tried another load. Everything appears to be okay now, thankfully. I would have hated explaining how I burned down the neighborhood because I insisted on a clean comforter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment