On my bike ride home tonight a guy on a scooter/moped pulled up beside me & I stopped biking, figuring I probably knew him. Sure enough, he took his helmet off & I recognized him as "Sleepy," one the sleepiest, but cheeriest boys from school who graduated in March. His family lives really close to my apartment & many times we'd see each other to & from school last year (on our pedal bikes.) Whenever I'd say, "Hello! How are you?" He'd answer, "Hi! I'm sleepy!" or, "Hi, I'm tired!"
Anyway, tonight he pulled over, took his helmet off, & I felt SO happy to see him for the first time since March 1!! He was on his way home from a university soccer game & said he's working at a Chinese restaurant not far from our homes. Ah, it was wonderful to see his smile again! Of course when I asked, "So, how are you!??" I wasn't surprised at all with his response, "Oh, I'm tired!" :D 
1 comment:
Chinese food! That's some good stuff, just don't forget: egg flour wrappers work a little better, than the rice flour ones.
Post a Comment