Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The stamps and fruit special

After school yesterday I stopped at a dry cleaner's that sells postal stamps (I'm 'friends' with the owner from going there so often). She's such a sweetheart...rambling on & on in Japanese while I try to catch a few words :) The business is a room in her house so she went into the back area (her house) & came out with a piece of fruit as a gift for me & lots of "Be careful"s. Priceless I tell ya, priceless.



Today I could see Mt Fuji! As the weather warms up, the haze keeps it hidden for most of the summer, so I haven't seen it for awhile, but today, it was beautiful. The snow is melting...ah, getting closer to when I (and thousands of others) will attempt to climb it!
Tonight I took a stroll around the lake at a park near my apartment. These adorable ducklings actually ran on the tops of the ginormous lily pads! I stopped with 3 old Japanese men to laugh at them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, the pictures you posted are beautiful. I love to see little snapshots of your world. Thank you for sharing them with us. Have a wonderful day. Know that I am thinking of you and praying for you. I love you. Emily

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures. So are you really thinking about climbing Mt. Fuji?