Supposedly a typhoon is headed our way & is expected to saturate the weekend. Just in time to cancel my river rafting adventure and the opening day of the nation's high school baseball tournament. :( In that case, it's a good thing I just baked banana bread and stocked up on books from a friend! :P
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Sumimasen (Move it!) in a typhoon
Today on the way home (in the rain) I rang my bike's bell to get the attention of 4 kids & a woman blocking the sidewalk. But because it was wet, the bell just made a sad, sick sound. So I said, "Sumimasen" (excuse me/aka move it!). Everyone turned their heads, made the usual surprised gasp, and giggled at the foreigner (decked out in rain gear no less). One of the girls, probably about 11 years old, mustered enough sense to give me room to pass and even squeaked out (in English), "Hello! Oh, sorry!" She was so cute!
Supposedly a typhoon is headed our way & is expected to saturate the weekend. Just in time to cancel my river rafting adventure and the opening day of the nation's high school baseball tournament. :( In that case, it's a good thing I just baked banana bread and stocked up on books from a friend! :P
Supposedly a typhoon is headed our way & is expected to saturate the weekend. Just in time to cancel my river rafting adventure and the opening day of the nation's high school baseball tournament. :( In that case, it's a good thing I just baked banana bread and stocked up on books from a friend! :P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment