A tasty dessert from tonight's cooking class:
Matcha (green tea) syrup with
mochi (compressed rice) [hidden] and
azuki (sweet red beans).
I've been really busy lately, but tonight, as I sit in my apartment with damp clothes draped over my furniture and the rain pounding outside, I wanted to post a few pictures before going to bed.


Today the students played ball games (to give teachers time to mark the finals the students finished yesterday). Here are some shots of the volleyball games!
This is how tall the rice paddies are now:

On Saturday we teachers had a BBQ after a sports day.

On Sunday some Japanese friends took a few of us ALTs to the Tanabata Festival in Shimizu City. It was loads of fun & these bright yukatas are typical summer festival outfits!

The 3 year old son of the family who spoiled us at the festival wore this shirt with fantastic "Engrish" It reads: "Binodulosus This insect is an owner with big jaw!"

Dinner I made at my cooking studio: Pork with a yummy sauce, cabbage salad, a Japanese-white-potato-thing with okra, miso soup with egg plant, rice, and the ever constant side of mayonnaise! :) The meat was the only super delicious item, but the food was fun to make.

5 comments:
Sarah, are you taking a Japanese cooking class now? I can't wait for you to come home a cook for me. Yummm... The Engrish is lost on me. I just don't get it. Wish you could share some of your rain with us. I miss the rain. I miss you, Sarah. How many days?? I love you. Emily
Just a quick note to tell you I hit your blog- I can not think of anything fun to write.
love ya
Amanda
29 days, Emily! Woohoo!! :)
In our cooking class we make food from all over the world. This menu was definitely Japanese!
what colorful food. It looks good too. The rice has grown much and looks almost like a lawn. Hey, do you guys have black sticky rice over there? Have a good day Sarah.
Hi Sarah,
You're missed in La Crosse too! Do you have dates for your time here in August?
Take care, Linda Z.
Post a Comment