Tuesday, August 28, 2007

458 pictures later

This picture is the second sunrise I saw on August 8. Imagine, I left Japan at 3pm on the 8th, and arrived in Minnesota at noon on the 8th. Wacky.

I got to my apartment about midnight last night, after nearly 24 hours of traveling. I spent the past 2 1/2 weeks in the US, visiting family & friends, playing with my nephews & niece, watching the rain, eating, stumbling through languages, laughing, making grape jelly, reminding myself to 'stay right' on sidewalks & roads, and having a really great time with people I love. There's a ton to tell & 458 pictures to sort through & share (I'll spare you & only share my favorites ;). But, as I bowed & thanked the taxi driver last night outside the apartment, my neighbor greeted me from her window with news that our apartment building will be demolished Friday. Yup, that's Friday, as in 3 days from now.









Guess I'll get on that packing.








Well, right after I post just a couple photos.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, welcome back :)

Ivana

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of pictures - I'm glad you had fun.

Anonymous said...

Oh Sarah, we miss you so much! It was so much fun to have you home with us for a little while. I love the pictures and I can't wait to see more. Good luck with the move. Post some pictures of your new apt. when you have time. I love you. Emily

Audrey said...

welcome back! Good luck w/ the move, and I'm looking forward to getting together once you're settled. :)

Anonymous said...

WOW neat pictures!
I'm glad you were able to have special time with so many family members and friends while you were back.
Anxious to see pics of your "new Apt."!

Rose