And one other thing: since I got back to Japan 48 hours ago, I've been hunting a nasty cockroach around my bathroom. Last night it surprised me on the sink so I chased it down the drain & drowned it. Well, I thought it drowned, but then its gross antennae peeked out, just far enough for me to see & know it survived, but not be able to reach it. Tonight I cautiously tip-toed to the bathroom light switch, my eyes glued to the sink. But suddenly I felt its clingy, disgusting legs run over my foot. Of course there was hysterical screaming, a broom, and eventually a very squashed roach. Ew. After tomorrow, the bugs are welcome to take over this apartment, as long as they stay away from my new one.
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Moving status
And one other thing: since I got back to Japan 48 hours ago, I've been hunting a nasty cockroach around my bathroom. Last night it surprised me on the sink so I chased it down the drain & drowned it. Well, I thought it drowned, but then its gross antennae peeked out, just far enough for me to see & know it survived, but not be able to reach it. Tonight I cautiously tip-toed to the bathroom light switch, my eyes glued to the sink. But suddenly I felt its clingy, disgusting legs run over my foot. Of course there was hysterical screaming, a broom, and eventually a very squashed roach. Ew. After tomorrow, the bugs are welcome to take over this apartment, as long as they stay away from my new one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Sarah! Good luck with your move. I will be praying that everything goes well. I love you. Emily
roaches always have a nice crunch sound to them, unless you're hunting them barefoot.
Howdy Sarah,
We love you and are eager to hear about your new/old pad! Be glad that you left here when you did- the state bird of MN has hatched a bumper crop after the big rain. They are carrying us away! HMMM I will have to think about roaches or mosquitos...... I think I would rather be carried away by mosquitos.
I do love you
Amanda
Post a Comment