Saturday, November 17, 2007

They found me

When I got home after eating dinner with some teachers tonight, I grabbed a glass & turned on the kitchen sink faucet. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something scurry up the sink wall.

Just a little cockroach tonight that I captured easily in a paper towel, but I know it means there are more lurking around the kitchen, looking for garbage to enjoy, darting out of sight when they hear my key in the front door. The little one tonight was either too slow or too greedy and won't be joining his friends for more grub after I go to bed. It was the first sighting in this apartment; I thought after more than 2 months without seeing any that I was safe & that the gross creepy crawlies had left me alone.

But I was wrong. Looks like tomorrow I build more roach houses.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

UGH! I am sorry to hear that they found you, but at least they don't bite like some other nasty bugs you have learned about... Wish I could be there to help you build some roach houses, sort of. :) I love you. Emily

jess said...

YUCK!! Cockroaches give me the heebie jeebies. I have no clue how to spell that but I'm guessing you got the idea of what I was trying to tell you. Have a good one!