Even though I know it's super healthy (for the most part) and reasonably priced, I haven't been eating much fish lately. Tonight some pink-ish stuff looked good at the grocery store so I picked it up, along with asparagus, tofu, and tomatoes. Inspecting the fish, I thought it needed to be cooked before eating, but I wanted to make sure, so I slowly walked along the check-out aisles, looking for the kindest, most patient-looking clerk who I could ask. "That's the one," I thought noticing a 30-something lady who looked like she knew fish.
"Sumimasen ga, sonomama dame, desu yo?"
"So desu ne, yaku...gasu"
"Wakarimashita, arigatou gozaimasu."
Ok, I need to cook it, that's what I thought, but I'm glad I asked!
Now, I'll bring the label to school to find what exactly I ate for dinner! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your Japanese is getting so great! Isn't it a rush to have an experience like that and then look back and say "yes!! I did it! I communicated!!" :-D Congratulations on cooking your dinner the right way, even if you don't know exactly what it was you ate! :-P
You've got to love shopping in a different land. I was walking through the store awhile back and someone spoke to me. Living in Norway, it completely caught me off guard. I realized she was giving out samples. I thought to myself, ooh how nice!! Without another thought, I tossed what she was giving out into my mouth. I'm honestly not a picky eater, but when that cracker and topping hit my mouth, I nearly puked. I was standing in the middle of the frozen section and wanted to puke. I mustered up the courage to swallow it. I soon realized that I had eaten caviar. The great thing about norwegian caviar is that it is pretty much hot pink and sold in tubes resembles those that tooth paste comes from. They like tubes over here. You can get liver paste, caviar, mayo, bacon spread, cheese spread, etc out of tubes. It kind of fulfills my dreams of being an astronaut. Just kind of though.
Post a Comment