Or you'll have to go back to the beginning...
My nephews have a book by this title that is bound to get giggles from anyone. I thought about it today as I tried not to laugh or talk because every time I did either, it threw me into a coughing fit.
My fever was down by Friday late-morning & I've spent the past 2 days in my living room, resting, IM'ing with my sisters, reading, praying, and day-dreaming. The only face-to-face contact I've had since Thursday was 1) when I brought my garbage out yesterday & a lady asked if I'd be interesting in reading a newspaper she was selling, and 2) with my cute postal worker who came to my door today to deliver a birthday package from the US (Reminder!! Only 6 days away! ;)
I'm thankful it appears I've only got a cold, and not the flu. YAY!! It was nice to take it easy for a couple of days, but honestly, if I needed to stay home one more day, I think I'd start going stir-crazy. Tomorrow I plan on going to church & then teaching my bi-weekly kids' English class for 9-12 year olds. After that I'm connecting with a fellow ALT from the US who went 'home' for Christmas & brought me some packs of chili seasoning! :) Hooray! Yesterday I attempted home-made turkey soup from a carcass I'd gotten from an English camp awhile back where we ate turkey (very, very rare in Japan). It may be that it's been years since I've had turkey soup, but I have to say, this batch hit the spot & won't last much longer!
Oh! Did the groundhog see his shadow??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Sarah. I am so sorry to hear that your cough is so bad. I sure hope you are better soon. I am still trying not to laugh for my own reasons. (8-0
Yikes! Elise and I are having a day home alone so it is not too hard not to laugh. I love you. Emily
Post a Comment