So today I'm teaching 43 ni-nenseis (11th graders) during 4th period. I have my white crocs on my feet, moving around the classroom as usual, explaining today's topic, classified ads. I'm between front row students, Takayoshi & Hitomi, stepping backward up onto the platform that lines the front of the room. Except, I don't lift the heel of my right shoe high enough & it catches on the step. In slow motion, I feel myself falling backward, my hands out in front of me holding a worksheet, while Takayoshi's jaw drops, his eyes widen, and his hands unsuccessfully try to reach me.
It seriously seemed like a minute before I caught myself just before my backside hit the floor.
My students were laughing, but almost nervously, wondering if I was ok and not wanting to make me feel more embarrassed. I straightened myself to standing, laughing with the kids & assuring them (& me) "I'm ok!" But I think Takayoshi & Hitomi were still holding their breath :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Haha. You just have to love those moments in life.
I was a little afraid I was going to read something like the time you got hit with the baseball. 8( So glad you are ok. Love, Emily
Sorry Sarah. . .I love you. . .but I had to laugh outloud at that one--you know how bad I am about people falling--especially if it looks funny--and that was hilarious in my mind :D
Juliana
Post a Comment