Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Dad & Amanda in Kyoto (Days 6 & 7)

7am and genki (full of energy), we headed to Kyoto (the capital of Japan for 1000 years)
A market called our names and of course we had to try all the mmmm good food..........
yakisoba
octopus
....and buy lots of good stuff


Touring Nijo Castle at night (with peach blossoms)






Gion Corner (geisha dancing)


Kinkaku-ji Temple (Golden Temple)

Bamboo Forest






Ninna-ji Zen rock gardens (gorgeous!)


Torii Gates at Fushimi Inari-taisya Shrine


End of Day 7
Asleep on the bullet train :)

Dad & Amanda leave bright and early for the airport. It's been a fantastic week with tons of laughter, fun, food, travel, adventure, friends, and memories!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Tia Sara, Well you are all alone now. How is it all alone. I can't believe you went were you went. Have a GOOD time Tia Sara!



Brandon

Anonymous said...

Well Sarah, It looks like you wore them out. Nice. How I wish I could have been asleep on that bullet train with all of you.
Love, Emily

Bonnie said...

It's so cool that you got to spend time with your family! I especially like the Kyoto pics--it looks fun!

Anonymous said...

Octopus, Kinkaku-ji Temple, a bamboo forest, peach blossoms - fun!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sarah, you are amazing. We really enjoyed all the pics of your family and travels. Blessings!
Kenn & Sheryl