Sunday, March 23, 2008

Dad & Amanda Japan Day 4

FROM AMANDA!! :)
How does a guy get a hot shower around here? Sumpu Castle was destroyed by fire in the 1680s but the remains and rebuilt gardens are beautiful. Sharing MN dried apples at Sarah's church. Sarah's high school had a band concert today, so we were wowed by the best in Japan according to Sarah, Dad, and me. Ask Sarah about her guest solo poetic reading that she surprised us with. Sarah- sensei (teacher)'s fan club
Sushi all around.
M.-sensei (a teacher at Sarah's school) gave us lessons in "real" Japanese sushi.

Good night from Japan.

PS from Sarah:

Dad must really be in "go" mode because late last night I needed something from the closet in his room so I snuck in & he said, "Are we there yet?" Thinking he'd woken up & made a joke, I laughed & said, "Almost!" This morning he didn't remember it at all & said he'd slept through it! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are having a great time! How was the sushi, Dad and Amanda? Did you have anything raw, or did you stick to the 'safe stuff'? Wish I could be there with you! Happy Easter. HE IS RISEN! HE IS RISEN INDEED!

Love, Emily

Anonymous said...

Save some sushi for me!! Wish I could have taken that in with you. Perhaps Sarah can learn the steps of an official tea ceremony to bring back this summer... sounds like fun. :)

Raymond

Anonymous said...

It made me smile again!!! It sounds like your having lots and lots of fun. Tia Sara I think maybe he was sleep talking like I said I can't wait to see you all.



Brandon