This morning started about 7am for us (5:30 for Dad). We lazily got ready and took an in depth tour of Sarah's apartment and all the surprises of living/camping in Japan.
The washing machine on the balcony
The "dryer" on the balcony
The oven
The hot water heater for the kitchen sink
Dad & Sarah biked to a 7/11 convenience store a few minutes from the apartment to get some breakfast. Sarah chose milk and shrimp rice balls (onigiri). Dad chose donuts. 
We combined those with oatmeal with raisins and fresh strawberries.
After breakfast we all took off on bikes to a local park
Where we were surprised to find a spring market with plants, food, wood working, arts, trees, tea, produce, and toys.
We took pictures of some of the local people, and some locals took pictures of us three gaijin (foreigners)
Amanda expanded her nearly fluent Japanese from
"Ikura?" (how much?)
to
"Sumimasen" (excuse me) "Ikura?"
We hiked up a big hill to see what we could see
Can you find Mt Fuji in this picture? (neither can we)
Sweet dreams from Japan!
3 comments:
It's Brandon, the blog made me smile.
I can't wait to see you all. I sure hope to see you soooooon. So see you.
Brandon Yorek
WoW Jim on "rollie" slide. Mark that down as one thing I thought I'd never see in my life time. Way to get Jim out and about Sarah!
Raymond
Keep having fun guys! When I saw the photo of the Market, I nearly started to drool, for I love horticulture and plants...boy it would be fun to grab some seeds from Japan.
Post a Comment