Thursday, March 06, 2008

lunch

This week, lunches were ordered in at school. Junior high school students came for entrance exams yesterday & interviews today. This afternoon & tomorrow we teachers grade over 200 tests to decide who will be accepted into our school for the upcoming year. Because the tests are so serious, staff cannot leave school during the day, hence the ordered lunches.
I ate this delicious sushi yesterday--I traded my orange-ish ikura (salmon eggs) for my neighbor's ginger. I only consume Ikura in very small amounts, and this was much too large for me.and this yummy katsu (fried pork) with miso soup today (that's rice with black sesame seeds & sauce with white sesame seeds and shredded cabbage under the pork)Can't wait to see tomorrow's lunch! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm... the fried pork looks yummy, and Raymond would be drooling over the sushi! (well, maybe not the salmon eggs.) Have a good day, Sarah.
Love, Emily

Audrey said...

Yumm! You got 3 days worth of food?
My first day was a MASSIVE obento with all kinds of fried meats, and the 2nd day was unagi, but today we had to bring our own. Your sushi looks fabulous! (and I am totally with you on the ikura)