My (most recent) favorite flower bloomed! This is wisteria, fuji, as in Fujieda, the name of my town :) Same pronunciation as Mt Fuji, but different kanji & obviously different meanings. And, behind that ugly yellow frame for the fuji to climb, is my apartment building. Every morning I crawl out of bed & look out the window to see how much the fuji changed while I slept. I snapped these pictures on my bike ride home since the blossoms seemed to have burst open in the 11 hours since I'd left this morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow! Sarah, those look beautiful. I have always wanted to see what wisteria looked like and how I have. And it gets to grow right outside your window...so to speak. ;D I have heard that it smells wonderful.
Love, Emily
oh my gosh, it's already blooming?? pretty soon it'll be the azaleas...and then the hydrangeas!! We should go somewhere in June to look at all the hydrangeas...fancy a day trip? :-)
they look like they smell good too! :) i'm coming to japan soon! i'll be there from the 8th till the 12th. i am in the planning stage still but want to do a few days in tokyo and at least one day outside...we could meet somewhere saturday when you don't work...interested?
Post a Comment