The elementary kids were energetic, helpful, and hilarious (even asking for my autograph!). From 8:30am-12:30 I taught 4 classes back-to-back of 6th graders, then joined a class for my first-ever Japanese school lunch (high schoolers bring their own lunch every day). No one is sick in these pictures, it's just how they serve lunch to the 40 students & eat in their classrooms. 

We took photos together & two of the students asked if I know their older brothers who are first year students at my usual school (I do).
I learned a lot about how elementary schools run and I made new friends. As I waited at a red light on the bike ride home, I heard, "Sarah sensei!! Hello!!!" and saw 2 of the 6th grade girls on the opposite side of the street. Tomorrow I go back to the same school to teach 4th graders. Today was lots of fun & I'm sure tomorrow will be too, but I'm still wondering when elementary school teachers have time to go to the bathroom ;)
1 comment:
Well Sarah, it sounds like things went really well there at the elementary school. I am so glad. ;D I love it that they asked for your autograph. That is the best!
Love,
Emily
Post a Comment