Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Closing Ceremony

This morning in less than an hour I made 2 speeches - one in English in front of all the teachers & office staff - and one in Japanese in front of the entire school.


Here are some shots of the second one in the gym.
The principal & me:

Telling my students favorite memories, things they've taught me, and that I'll never forget them because I love them!
The all-male cheer team giving me a final "SAAAAAA-RAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" cheer!
Two of my senior guys came & got me from the teachers' room & led me to their classroom where others were waiting with 'poppers' & confetti, and a collage they'd made of our photos. We cried and laughed and said, "Mata ne" (see you again). The guy & girl on the left are a couple who are so dear to me, I truly believe I will see them again!
Flowers from the student body & the above mentioned collage - the girl in the middle with the big green & eyes & huge grin is me in case you don't recognize me ;)
Friday is my last day at school, but today was the last day for most students so there were many good-byes. It was an honor to have various students approach me to say "thank you" or "I'll miss you" or "I want to come to Minnesota!" :D

I invited all 600 of my students to visit me in the US, teehee!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you, Sarah. Two speeches, and one in Japanese!! Wow. I can't wait to meet your students when they come. ;D I love you.

Emily

Grammie and Papa said...

You are saying goodbye beautifully, Sarah. What a blessing you have been to them and I know your life is so much richer because of they being in your life. xxoo

The Studers said...

I can't wait to be wowed by your Japanese-speaking skills! What a bittersweet time for you -- I am sad for you (and your students) but can't wait to see you soon. Can't imagine the range of emotions!

Love you!
C & family