Don't worry - as soon as I can use my laptop again, I'll upload photos for you to see (& laugh at!) of all my adventures here at an organic farm institute in rural Japan where 30 participants from Asia & Africa spend 8 months learning about farming.
And then the adventures really began. I think I was supposed to pick weeds in the pumpkins again, but along with another Minnesotan (ironic, eh?!), we lost the patch & ended up at a rice paddy with a group of about 10 others. Leaving our rubber boots & socks on the sidelines, we rolled up our pant legs & each grabbed a sickle. We had a quick lesson of distinguishing rice plants from millet, waded out into the flooded paddies, & taking charge of 3 rows each, hacked off any millet we found.
You want to see photos, right?! ;)
Well, after I do one more thorough scrubbing! ;)
*Next time you eat, think of the process it took to get from the earth to your mouth, and say a prayer of thankfulness for everyone involved in the process!*
1 comment:
wow! Just reading your post makes me tuckered out! I will be thankful for the smaller size of our garden. MMm good - lots of good food.
We love you
Amanda
Post a Comment