My luggage at the airport curbside pick-up in the grand ol' US of A!
After being back in the USA for a month, I am: job-less, homeless, phone-less, car-less, and nearly friend-less. But am I enjoying it?! YES.

I saw Barack Obama give a speech in La Crosse. Well, I heard the speech, and saw him from a very far distance because of the crowd (and cowboy hats) ;) I went to hear him speak in person and to be in the atmosphere of an exciting presidential race. If John & Sarah come to the area, I'll definitely be there to cheer!! ;-)
I made rhubarb jelly, a summer-time favorite of mine. From cutting rhubarb to sewing a little dress, I totally reminded myself of my mom! ;) I loved it.
I don't know what the next chapter in my life looks like. It's the first time in a lot of years that I really have no idea what the Lord's plans are for me. Some days this frustrates me & I feel like I'm wasting time or being lazy. Most days though, I take a deep breath, look around, and know this season is exactly what I need - I don't know how long this season will last or what will come of it - but I'll keep walking and enjoying the beautiful journey.
I've realised, for this season, my job is to rest, reflect, and cherish.
My home is my oldest sister's basement, where I have a comfy bed, a dresser, a shower, a washing machine AND dryer, a full fridge, 3 nephews & a niece! I am incredibly grateful for their generosity, space, and humor! :)
I don't have a cell phone, but email keeps me in touch with friends around the country & around the world.
While I don't have my own 4-wheeled vehicle, I have a bicycle that gets me from Point A to Point B, and reminds me lovingly of the thousands of kilometers I put on my bike in Japan.
Here are a few pictures of what I've been doing the past month:
My cousin Carrie (left) and sisters (Amanda & Emily) brought their families to Minneapolis for the day to welcome me back. We had a really fun time catching up & playing at the park!
The rock climbing wall at Amanda & Mike's house! I hope my climbing friends from Japan come enjoy it some day :)
I climbed tress & picked applesI saw Barack Obama give a speech in La Crosse. Well, I heard the speech, and saw him from a very far distance because of the crowd (and cowboy hats) ;) I went to hear him speak in person and to be in the atmosphere of an exciting presidential race. If John & Sarah come to the area, I'll definitely be there to cheer!! ;-)
1 comment:
Rhubarb jelly - oishisou! I've never had rhubarb jelly ever, or even picked apples! But I bet you've never seen a pack of coyotes on a morning walk either, which is something that happened to me last week. It's kind of crazy how even different regions of our own country can be so different!
Post a Comment