Monday, November 10, 2008

Political junkies

Because of La Crosse's location near three influential states (Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin), political candidates often campaign in the area. Even though I knew who I'd vote for, I, along with my 9-year old nephew Jonathan, went to see both Obama & McCain when they each stopped in La Crosse. And, not to miss out on seeing Sarah Palin, I road-tripped with a car load down to Dubuque, Iowa the day before the election! For Palin's rally, I stood in the second row!! Her husband Todd also came, AND Hank Williams, Jr. Hank sang a couple songs, including the national anthem. The highlight for me was shaking their hands after the rally :)
No matter who you voted for, history has unfolded before our eyes!

(The cheesy button was a gift - and the book a friend's.)


2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wow Sarah! How cool! I went to a political rally during the Bush/Kerry campaign--very interesting. The secret service was everywhere!

Anonymous said...

WOW YOU WENT TO SEE A REAL RALLY. I NEVER REALLY THOUGHT OF THAT, Sarah Sarah. That's cool. See ya.





Brandon and jonathan