Thursday, December 04, 2008

The fam - turkey weekend

I have awesome sisters & they, in turn, have incredibly fun kids - who happen to be faithful readers to my blog :) This is a great, big shout-out to Brandon & Jonathan, Aaron & Colton, Grant & Isaiah, Ethan & Victoria & Elyse!

Last weekend we gathered in central Minnesota (missing Rachel & Jay!) for a turkey dinner, outdoor football, wrestling, air hockey, dressing up as super heroes, and lots of playing!!
**Unfortunately, for whatever strange reason, only a few of the photos from Saturday turned out, so I don't have football or wrestling pics**

We sisters whipped up a batch of divinity - a sugary treat I remember my mom & aunt making for the holidays. It's yummy, but you have work quickly 'cause it's one of those recipes that demands articulate temperature, attention, and timing. Surprisingly, our "practice batch" turned out delicious so we didn't need a second take.
We also made "Chicago-style hot dogs"
On Sunday, the boys played 'photographer' which resulted in some pretty funny (er, artistic?) shots.

Elyse's only appearance on my camera - the back of her head over Grant's right shoulder. I'll ask Tia Amanda for her photos because I know I took more on it...

HUGE Hugs & Kisses to ALL of you kiddos :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY I HAD A GREAT TIME WITH YOU ON YAHOO AND HERE!!!!! Those treats were GREAT AND I MEAN GREAT!!! Love you TONS AND TONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Your 1 Nephew Brandon :)

Audrey said...

That is so awesome that you made Chicago style hot dogs!!! :D

Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas!