Saturday, March 28, 2009

Wasn't it just New Year's??

Due to high demand (haha) and my own determination (hahaha), I'm back!!

As the Japanese saying (kind of) goes, "January runs, February runs away, March leaves" I find myself once again shaking my head at how quickly the past three months have flown.

Since catching up for that long is rather daunting, I figure, "Let's start with today."

So~~

Today I attended my first Pow-wow, hosted by The Three Rivers Community. Check out some pictures of this cultural & fun event!
The Grand Entry


This photo is of the men's traditional dance. I loved seeing multiple generations carrying on cultural heritage. The boy (maybe 6 years old) pictured below, was just darling!There were women's performances as well, including a beautiful "Fancy Shawl" dance, but with the florescent lights in the big gymnasium, my pictures leave a lot to be desired...
I also have a video that I'd like to add, but it's having problems loading now, so maybe another time.

Cheers to the next three months! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are my people the ho-chunks! how is the new job I think you should blog all about it!

Amanda

Audrey said...

Welcome back to the blogging world! Has spring come to La Crescent yet?? It's beautiful here now, but with unpredictable weather swings just like Japan. Ah, seasons. :)

Anonymous said...

Two days ago, I went on a field trip to the south (approx. 85+ degs.). After a good amount of Chinese food and a bunch of little yellow tomatoes - I too was feeling the time fly bye. Things are just so different and ah! I've already be here year. As the Chinese would say, "go slow." Sarah, His peace

Jasper