April's second half found my family on the east coast of the USA, splashing in the Atlantic, digging in the sand, sleeping 22 people in a
While filled with the normal busyness and mile-long To Do lists, the excitement and tension of weddings, everything flowed with very few glitches. Saturday went beautifully, filled with smiles and tears and sunshine and flowers and dancing.
Now everyone is back to their respective homes, minus Rachel and her new husband Jay who are gallivanting in the Dominican Republic for their honeymoon (side note: I fully believe that bridesmaids should get a honeymoon too - separate location from the bride & groom, of course, but a trip/vacation none the less) ;)
Somewhere between Monday's yellow snapper dinner (I ordered the whole fish - eyeballs and everything!) and Wednesday morning's coffee run (Pike Place brew), my driver's license disappeared. I retraced the routes I'd walked the dogs, called 8+ stores we'd frequented, searched and searched and searched, but to no avail. My biggest concern was being able to get on the airplane for Sunday's flight back to Minnesota. After many phone calls and prayers, I learned that, while the TSA prefers you have photo ID to board the aircraft, it's not absolutely necessary. Thankfully I departed from a very small airport with no line for security, so it just took an extra 10 minutes, an interview and phone call with the friendly TSA supervisor, and off I went - from Wilmington, NC to Atlanta, Georgia, to Minneapolis. I love traveling, but it's always ahh, so good to be home!
What a super fun memorable week! Can't wait to go back to Charlotte's Perch "our" beach house :)
2 comments:
Great post, Sarah. I love all the pictures. Raymond and I were just looking through ours yesterday. I can't believe it is all over already. Love you.
Emily
what great pictures, I want to see more! I love the flowers Rachel carried - what were they? And were those white hydrangeas that the bridesmaids were carrying, or something else? They're beautiful - you girls are beautiful! So glad you were able to be there ahead of time with your sis to help everything go smoothly. And that you made it back to MN without a hitch, lost license and all!
Post a Comment