Thursday, February 01, 2007

1-2-3 Bicycles!

My daily mode of transportation is a bicycle and in six months I've had 3 bicycles. The first was this mountain bike from my predecessor. I loved it. It got me around town comfortably and quickly. In a "bike parking lot" (yes, they really do have them!) this bike was easily distinguishable from the hundreds of others. Then one Saturday night I left it (unlocked) near a convenience store and I took the train into the 'city' for dinner with friends (just like I'd done numerous times before). When I got back at midnight, my bike was gone. I took a taxi home because I was too tired and angry to walk an hour to my apartment.
My school graciously loaned me this bike while we waited to see if my bike turned up...
And after 3 1/2 weeks of waiting, my principal took me to a couple shops where we decided this bike would serve me well. It's a Bridgestone 3-speed black & silver bullet with a trendy basket! My super generous principal pitched in 50% of the bill & chose 3 locks for me to use to make sure this one doesn't get away!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's a cool bike. And the basket...that's great – you could carry some great food: like some gyoza (spicy), with a little cup of kim chee, a few egg rolls, with some teriyaki chicken, tofu on the side, a couple large prawns, with a cut of salmon, a small dish with yakisoba, steamed rice, and some chunks of sushi (preferably seafood). Oh! And some rolls. <- all to go

Anonymous said...

Sarah - your blog is wonderful and I so much enjoy your sharing all your adventures - know that you are having the time of your life and I wish you God speed every day!

Luv ya, Trish