Friday, April 04, 2008

another plant bites the dust

I try to have a green thumb in this country, but I'm failing miserably. In the US, I grew flowers and occasionally even vegetables. Something happened in Japan though. I've killed every single plant I've tried to grow here (probably close to 10 plants in 20 months). I was doing all right with a pretty purple one for the past few weeks. It even outgrew its container! So last night on my kitchen floor I re-potted it (outside was way too cold!). But, today this scene greeted me:

Ugh. The wind was too gusty and even though I'd taken it off the balcony ledge, the wind tossed it around. I stubbornly put it back together again, but like Humpty Dumpty, I'm not sure it'll recover completely.


Guess maybe I should just stick to enjoying the cherry blossoms from my apartment & release the desire for living greenery inside my home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow I cannot believe it. when you come to our house you water the plants and they are not dead. I just can not believe it. You always pay attention to them. You like plants so much! Until Monday.



Brandon

Anonymous said...

oh the pretty purple one.......
may be it will make it.
vghymgtgt6ttjt55845447444444448210445//-+444478787877744777774401022223654n
isaiah

02155588j7j7kk8987k9kk5j44k87;
/*/77877k74 1000000014447m78m
89m9m888889898
989
58

02h11kkk*/kk*k*k
love Victoria

12bbb3456n4567890fdcccxxxxxx z