Conveniently, there are a couple sushi places on my route between work and home. When I’m alone, I always choose the 100 yen/plate called “Kappazushi” with the funny looking green characters calling my name.
Last night followed the usual Wednesday craving so I parked my bike along the busy road & walked into the cheap conveyor belt sushi restaurant. Usually I get an order to go, but last night I felt like choosing a few different options than what’s offered in the ‘to go’ sets. When I walked in, my favorite lady was behind the counter. She immediately recognized me and asked, “the usual?” (I guess I go there a lot). This woman always makes me smile. She remembers that I don’t like いくら(ikura - salmon eggs), and, if the right cooks are working, she lets me substitute shrimp/avocado for the いくら. But this Wednesday I said, “Oh, today I’ll eat here.” She showed me to a seat and kindly reminded me how to use the screen above the conveyor belt to make special orders (that are no less delivered on a plastic shinkansen (bullet train!) I noticed she even pulled up my often requested shrimp/avocado set so all I had to do was press a button submitting the order! Is she good to me, or what?!
As usual, the food was tasty, I enjoyed people watching, and the friendly staff invited me back, “Mata kitte kudasai!” Yup, see you next Wednesday! ;D
3 comments:
WOW again I think that sounds good. Even though I have never had that meal before. till Monday.
Brandon
mmm that is good!
love you
Amanda
Sarah,
I have some salmon eggs in my freezer if you want some...they're left over from a fishing trip, I don't know way I kept them.
Post a Comment