Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"Friends" (according to 17 year old boys)

My second year students had an assignment to write 10 creative sentences about a good friend. I received a variety of entertaining responses...here are a few I'd like to share:

Mr. X is my best friend.

He likes sports.

He likes apple, but he don’t like apple pie.

He gave me a book.

He bought me a bike.

He is seventeen years old.

He lives in Yaizu.

He is taller than me.

He likes TV game. But he is unskillful.

He house was hit by the typhoon. [this sentence was directly copied from the textbook, but the student mistakenly changed 'His' to 'He'!]

-N.S.

My friend is Takuma.

He plays soccer.

He works a convenience store for his family.

I think he is very kind.

He loves his girlfriend.

He is interesting.

Because I enjoy talk him.

His birthday is October.

He plays the guiter well.

He is very popular by classmate.

-Takuya

This is Takuma's writing about Takuya:



And my favorite--

About Bunji

He is cool.

But he is very fool.

He likes Yomiuri Kyojingun [a baseball team].

He is in good mood when Kyojingun win.

But he is in a bad mood when Kyojingun loss.

He is very interesting.

If he is not fool, he get a lot of attention from women.

By the way, he doesn’t think the future.

So, he will be a job-hopping part-time worker.

In a word, he doesn’t have a fine brain much.

-T.H.

2 comments:

Raymond and Emily said...

These are very funny...until I think of high school Spanish, and then am pretty impressed. :D I love the new look on your blog. You need to update your profile though. You have come a long way since you wrote that.

Emily

Audrey said...

a job-hopping part-time worker?? where did he come up with that! that is classic! See you Saturday morning!