Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sumo!!!

Well, I did it. I bought a ticket to watch sumo with a bunch of other gaijin (foreigners)! Two years of living in Japan wouldn't have been complete without seeing it live, right?!

Conveniently, my town hosted the 1-day tournament so all I had to do was bike 20 minutes to the venue & wa-lah! I got to check out these very large, nearly-naked men stomping, throwing salt, and wrestling.

I didn't have very high expectations going in (later I realised from ignorance) but after awhile of observing & listening to educated sumo fans around me, I actually really enjoyed the afternoon! :)

I'm having problems uploading photos today so here's link you can check out some pictures on for now:

"SUMO photos"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I have been a little slow Tia Sarah. I can not believe you did that. Until Monday.






Brandon

Grammie and Papa said...

How about we do sumo wrestling at the next family get together? :)
xxoo

Anonymous said...

Hmmm large naked men.... hmm....why did I miss that?
We love you Sarah-
Amanda