Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Japanese class

My final Japanese class & graduation (uh, "certificate of completion distribution") was tonight! I've been going almost every Tuesday since September. I really enjoyed it & learned so much!

Our international class--American, Chinese, and Swedish--learning Japanese!

This is a note from my teacher and the small material bag she gave me with the cute clothes on it!
On Sunday, we went to my sensei's (teacher's) house for a fantastic afternoon of yummy food (including making our own onigiri (rice ball) with pickled plum or salmon--my fave Japanese food!), great conversation (of course all in Japanese!), and cultural stuff like the board game go (similar to chess), and wearing yukata (summer kimono). We had such a fun time!

I'd love to do this kind of work when I return to the States...teaching English to foreigners (just in case you hear of any job openings in the LaCrosse area...) ;)

4 comments:

The Studers said...

Fun pictures! Just in case you can high-tail it up to Brainerd in time (because of course you won't be extremely tired or anything!), the Eiesland vacation has been moved to the last week in August. I think the Studers will be the only ones still in Brainerd by the 30th, but we'll be there. Otherwise, come see us in Sioux Falls! Can't wait to have you back in the US!

Love you!

C, C, E, A, & M

The Studers said...

Okay, and by Studers, I mean us. Just to clarify -- it kind of sounded like I was talking about Chris's parents...

Bonnie said...

congratulations on your Japanese! what an accomplishment! i wish i could say the same for my Korean! i'm excited to see you in a month! have a great last few weeks in your Japanese home!

Audrey said...

how fun!!! great pics, and your haircut is SO cute!! What a fun way to finish our your Japanese class! Can you believe how far we've come since landing on this island 2 years ago??